newspaper

Tuesday, 19 January 2016

Re-drawing the line

"Re-drawing the line" is a reply to the book "Drawing the line" an indian small press book that talks about feminism from many different perspectives in reply to an gang rape in Deli where there was international outrage.

"re-drawing the line" was pitched to us as looking at life through another genders perspective.
I found the question hard due to my gender, there are many ways you could tackle this question as it is a broad subject. I did not want to talk about one single issue such as trouble walking in the street when it's dark or harassment, I wanted to bring a personal views and experiences in it. 


These are my rough drafts 

 
this is a black and white version of the final work, I wanted to create a segmented narrativeless comic that could be read in several ways.



This is a mock up of what the page may look like.
I stuck with a minimal style with the pictures becoming a grey tone to not distract from the text, but rather compliment it sticking with a simplistic style so it's easier to recognise the subject of the picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment